I HAVE A BAD SMELL AND MY CLUTCH IS SLIPPING

• kanikf99
  • 2006 BMW

I think I blew my clutch on my BMW 330xi. There is a bad smell in cabin of car and the clutch when pressed down feels all gummy and hard to hold down. I know they are expensive but when replaced will my car be the same? My car just has odor in cabin and clutch feels like gummy feeling when pressed. I don't think the transmission is blown because I am able to shift in gears and drive a little. Also able to press gas and rev it up normally.

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 8:07 AM

• rasmataz

You sure that smell is not from a slipping clutch?

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 8:28 AM
  • kanikf99

Well the clutch pedal is very hard to push down and almost and this just happened last night so the I saw the clutch pedal not want to come back up when it is pressed. It almost smells like something is burning when I turn on the car. The car was driven by another person that wasnt really familiar with the car and I think he shifted and rode the clutch down and burned it out. Thank you for your quick reply.

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 8:39 AM
  • rasmataz

Your welcome

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 AT 2:32 PM