I HAVE A BAD SMELL AND MY CLUTCH IS SLIPPING

2006 BMW

kanikf99

January, 1, 2012 AT 8:07 AM

I think I blew my clutch on my BMW 330xi. There is a bad smell in cabin of car and the clutch when pressed down feels all gummy and hard to hold down. I know they are expensive but when replaced will my car be the same? My car just has odor in cabin and clutch feels like gummy feeling when pressed. I don't think the transmission is blown because I am able to shift in gears and drive a little. Also able to press gas and rev it up normally.

January, 1, 2012 AT 8:28 AM

You sure that smell is not from a slipping clutch?

kanikf99

January, 1, 2012 AT 8:39 AM

Well the clutch pedal is very hard to push down and almost and this just happened last night so the I saw the clutch pedal not want to come back up when it is pressed. It almost smells like something is burning when I turn on the car. The car was driven by another person that wasnt really familiar with the car and I think he shifted and rode the clutch down and burned it out. Thank you for your quick reply.

Your welcome

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement