THROTTLE/PEDAL POSITION SENSOR ISSUE CODE P0123

2006 Audi A3

kapattack

May, 19, 2011 AT 12:48 AM

I have an Audi A3 2006, and I am getting the code P0123 from the computer which is Throttle/Pedal position sensor A Ckt High Input. Can you please help me diagnose this problem?

Here is some history. For the last couple of weeks I had codes P2293, P0171, and P0222 coming on intermittently but especially after I filled up with gas. A friend of mine thought the issue was the fuel filter and we replaced it today. After replacing the filter, I cleared the codes and expected the issues to be resolved. The initial codes have cleared and not returned but now I have the P0123 code and the symptoms that the engine is not functioning properly remain.

Current symptoms: the power to the engine is not engaging when the gas pedal is pressed heavily.
My transmission seems to be okay because I can shift to all 6 gears in automatic, sport mode, and manual. As I start to drive my engine seems to be okay but as I continue to press down on the accelerator pedal I do not get an increase in power although I can hear my engine revving up. While this occurs the rpms increase but not past around 4000 although it sounds like the rpms are higher. I do not experience any shaking or other issues.

racefan966

May, 19, 2011 AT 1:04 AM

Sounds like the sensor on the top of the gas pedal is bad. Do you have digital multi meter? Get back to me and we will see what tests I can walk you through.

kapattack

May, 19, 2011 AT 1:14 AM

I have an Actron Elite AutoScanner, so if that is the same thing then yes : )

racefan966

June, 1, 2011 AT 3:21 PM

Will this do live streaming? It should say on the package or in the booklet.

kapattack

June, 10, 2011 AT 3:27 AM

Yes, the scanner does live streaming.

racefan966

June, 13, 2011 AT 3:28 PM

Ok so plug in and see if it will allow you to live stream the pedal sensors. Make sure that they read the same. See there is usually 2 sensors on the pedal so and if they don't agree with each other as to the position of the throttle then it sets a code. Let me know what you find.