2005 Toyota Sequoia timing belt positioning

• 1 POST
  • 139 MILES

On my L-CAM mark there is a I and T mark where should I put the mark of the belt, is it in the "I" or in "T", this the same on the R-CAM. "I"and "T" thank you

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 AT 11:24 PM

Here's from our tips page see pics also oh if you belt broke it bends valves too!
OK, I confuse easier than most. Finally got all my shims installed and valves properly adjusted (the T belt broke and made a mess of things, it's a bender). I got three sets of instructions for timing belt alignment and they are all different. If I would have just stuck to one things would have gone better, but I got two of them confused and this caused a do over, The first and bestt set is in figure 29 right here, set the crank to 0 degrees on the timing cover and use the timing marks in figure 29, it's the mark before the "T" on the casting behind the cam pulleys. The second set of instructions is to use the "T" for the cam pulleys and then set the crank pulley to the casting mark on the fan hub assembly. I got these two mixed up, put the cams at the "T" and the crank at the "0" and got all sorts of cam position and cam phaser codes. The third way is to just use the marks on the new timing belt set to the marks on the three pulleys. If you can determine which mark to use on the crank pulley, I couldn't so I bypassed this method. I got it all straightened out now and am a Yoda Jedi Master of the 4.7. Hope this helps. Hood closed on this one !

Thursday, June 5th, 2014 AT 6:41 AM