HEY RIGHT NOW I HAVE TO START MY CAR ABOUT THREE...

2005 Toyota Corolla

Remington sobers

Hey, right now I have to start my car about three times before it starts, I change the solenoil switch in the starting motor, the battery but still can not finger it out.

Jacobandnickolas

Can you explain what is happening? Isn't the starter engaging? Is the starter engaging but the engine doesn't start?

Remington sobers

The starter is engaging, sometimes I turn and hold the key in the crank position but it stay long like 2 or 3 seconds before in turns over if I dont do that I turn the key 2 times and then on the third time it starts.

Jacobandnickolas

I would start by checking the starter relay.

Remington sobers

Well yes I did, but I have not change it cause it is still give me the click that it is in engaging.

Jacobandnickolas

Have a helper turn the key to the start position while you check for power to the smaller wire on the starter. You should have 12v. Let me know what you find.

Remington sobers

Hi sobers here, this wire u are talking about is the starter relay or the by the starting motor itself, cause I take the cover off the relay and check the relay for 12v while starting the car but it is reading at 5 and then going up as far as 8v is this normal.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 29, 2013 AT 2:58 AM

No that isn't normal. You should have 12 volts to the solenoid. Are you sure the relay is good?

Remington sobers

Yes I believe so, but to be sure I change that one and I am getting around that same reading on that one as well.

Remington sobers

February, 20, 2013 AT 3:05 PM

Hi could it be the the fuel pump is not priming that is y I am getting a hard start.

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Alternator testing done right