SPARK PLUG SOCKET IS STUCK

2005 Suzuki Verona

Lori Lou

March, 23, 2012 AT 12:24 AM

In spark plug wall where valve goes in, have tried almost everything! Please any suggestions cuz it is jarred good. We have almost everything from trying to hook it and pull it up, to a locking extension and its not budging.

March, 23, 2012 AT 12:39 AM

Try penetrating oil and let it soaked in good and then attempt to remove it with all you got-unable to pull it out-remove the head and take to a machine shop-

Lori Lou

March, 23, 2012 AT 1:26 AM

We have tried the oil, and Ive heard both these anwers about letting the engine get real hot, and having the engine be cold while trying to remove it? This sucks cause I dont undetstand what could possibly have it jarred this much to the point its stuck?

March, 25, 2012 AT 11:26 AM

The only way for that to happened is using the wrong deep well socket or while removing the plug the socket twisted and wedge itself

Lori Lou

March, 25, 2012 AT 11:54 AM

Here s what I did, I took it to a mechanic he can t seem to get it loose, he says he s been working on it and gets half a turn every so often? This guy has had my car since Wednesday last week. Thats why I wanted to ask someone else the question to get your opinion. I need my car back and if he hasnt got this socket off in 4 days shouldnt he be trying another solution? Even if it means taking the head off? Wht if the sparkplug is or gets cross threaded?

BRIANB

March, 27, 2012 AT 8:48 PM

This worked for me: Get a tube of JB Weld and a cheap 3/8 drive extension. Spread the JB on the male end and insert it into the stuck socket. Let it dry the appropriate time and pull the socket out. Cheaper than a mechanic, definitely cheaper than pulling the head! You need a thin walled 5/8 deep socket to avoid future problems.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz ML500
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20