EFI FUSE

2005 Scion tC

gingerkins16

June, 27, 2011 AT 11:10 AM

05 scion tc. I have a problem in wherein every time I press the accelerator more than half way to the floor it blows the EFI fuse. The dealer cannot figure out the problem and left me with no idea how to fix it. My 02 sensor, air/fuel ratio sensor, and fuel flow sensor are all fine and wired fine. The fuel pump is fine and the filter is fine. Any Ideas would be great.

Thank You

Hayden

Fuel Sending Unit

Fuel Level Sensor

1 IMAGE

Docfixit

June, 27, 2011 AT 4:23 PM

Would you post locatipon, number and size on fuse?

gingerkins16

June, 27, 2011 AT 9:48 PM

I need to clarify the question. You would like the location of the fuse? It is inside the fuse box underneath the hood on the driver side? Number of what exactly? The fuse itself is a 20. I will provide more details as you need.

Docfixit

August, 11, 2011 AT 4:10 PM

What happened?

gingerkins16

August, 11, 2011 AT 7:32 PM

Everytime I press the accelerator down in a "sporty" manner, It will short the EFI fuse. "Sporty" meaning If I try to accelerate fast. Anything in regards to the O2 sensor, fuel pump/filter, fuel injectors, fuel flow sensor, or air fuel ratio sensor has been checked good, this was done by the dealer. It is a manual so when I am in nuetral I can rev as much and as fast as I want, however, when I am in gear and I try to accelerate expediantly, the efi fuse will blow, bringing my car to a steady, quiet stop.

Docfixit

August, 11, 2011 AT 7:45 PM

Suspect fuel pump drawing to many amps under load and blowing fuse

gingerkins16

August, 11, 2011 AT 7:46 PM

What would cause the fuel pump to draw too much amperage. Also previously noted that dealer checked fuel pump operation and said it was good to go

Docfixit

August, 11, 2011 AT 7:52 PM

Worn motor or possible ground. Would check good on normal testing so maybe hard to pin down. What is condiction of fuse when blown? Black soot or metal melted

gingerkins16

August, 12, 2011 AT 8:23 PM

Melted metal

Docfixit

August, 13, 2011 AT 4:23 PM

That would indicate a direct short did dealer do a check of accelerator?

gingerkins16

August, 13, 2011 AT 4:29 PM

No they did not, at least not what they told me.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement