SATURN VUE 2005 2

2005 Saturn Vue

crewchief016

March, 11, 2013 AT 8:49 PM

Saturn vue 2005 2.2.L dohc has ticking noise(makes me think of a lifter, but this engine doesnt have lifters from what ive read) anyways the check engine light comes on but doesnt pull any codes, taken to multiple auto parts stores no luck. The engine oil light comes on intermittently. Oil changes have been on schedule and the car didnt start the tick until my friend changed the oil for my wife while I was deployed. I am currently trying to find more manuals because I prefer I replace parts as needed but descent illustrations of the engine are slim to none. If you have any references you could throw at me or have seen this problem before, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

March, 13, 2013 AT 4:06 AM

I MAY NOT BE OF MUCH HELP (I'M STILL CARBURETOR MINDED!)---BUT I'LL PROBE YOU FOR MORE INFO, THEN SEE IF I CAN FIND ANOTHER TECH TO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER.I HAVE ONE IN MIND RIGHT NOW. HE WILL SURELY COME ON AND ACCUSE ME WITH MESSIN' WITH "HIS BABIES". AS I ACCUSE THE OTHER FELLERS OF MESSIN' W/ "MY BABIES", WHEN THEY GRAB A JEEP CJ 5 OR CJ 5, THAT I HAVE BEEN YEARNING TO ANSWER

IF YOU WANT SOME SPECIFIC DIAGRAMS, I MAY BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU, WE HAVE ACCESS TO "MITCHELL I"

THERE MAY BE HUNDREDS FOR YOUR CAR IN MITCHELL, SO DON'T ASK FOR 'EM ALL!

I JUST LOOKED FOR "LIFTERS" AND "TAPPETS" FOR YOUR VEHICLE AT 2 ONLINE POPULAR PARTS STORES. THEY SHOW NONE, I RECKON YOUR VALVES DRIVE DIRECTLY OFF OF THE CAM?

NEVER THE LESS, LET'S OBTAIN A 3 FOOT PIECE OF HEATER HOSE. OR CUT A LENGTH SIMILAR OFF OF YOUR NEIGHBOR'S GARDEN HOSE.

SHOVE ONE END IN YOUR EAR---USE THE OTHER END LIKE A STETHOSCOPE

WATCH OUT FOR THEM PESKY MOVING ENGINE PARTS!

CAN YOU ISOLATE THE AREA FROM WHICH YOU ARE HEARING THE TICKING RACKET?

EVEN A PIC WITH YOU POINTING AT THE SPOT MIGHT AID US!

WHAT DOES THE CODE SCANNER SAY WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO READ CODES?---IS IT COMMUNICATING?

I'VE BEEN DIY(ng FOREVER, I CURRENTLY HAVE 2 JEEPS (MY DAILY DRIVERS) ONE IS A '77 CJ 5 MY OTHER IS A '46 WILLYS, HE HAS A 134 CID (2.2L). BUT IT'S NOTHING LIKE YOURS !

YOUR TURN.I'LL DO WHAT I CAN TO ASSIST

Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda Element
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic