REPLACE FRONT TURN SIGNAL LIGHT BULB

2005 Saturn Relay

georow

February, 10, 2010 AT 12:46 PM

2005 Saturn Relay 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 50000 miles

How do I replace the turn signal light bulb. What steps are required to get to the bulb?

basstech

February, 14, 2010 AT 2:17 PM

You didn't really say the front or rear bulbs, so I'll explain both. The rear, you just open the hatch and remove the 4 screws and pull the lamp assy forward and untwist the socket to gain acess to the bulb. The front is a little more involved. First you have to remove the headlamp assy, which requires removing 1 bolt and a pin/rod that hold it in position. Once you get them out, remove the headlamp assy. Once that's out then you have to remove the 3 bolts for the turn signal lamp, then pull that out to gain access to the bulb. Good luck, let me know how you make out.

wynterbayne

October, 8, 2011 AT 7:38 PM

Ok I own a 2005 Saturn Relay and this guy is wrong this isn't the easiest way to replace the front turn signal bulb get on your back and there is access hole you can stick your arm up thru the bottom of the bumper reach up twist the turn signal light assembly pull and the whole thing will drop down so you can see the bulb and wiring harness unplug old plug in new reach back up find hole with fingers insert twist and your done. No tools needed! Takes all of about 10 minutes to do both of them.

fixitmr

October, 22, 2011 AT 10:58 AM

Did you have success? Which way did you choose?

roree

July, 20, 2014 AT 9:46 AM

You can get the driver side from below.
On the passenger side, the horn location makes it tough to reach from below.

cxzander

December, 5, 2015 AT 11:31 AM

For the record, listen to the first guy. Going from the bottom is extremely difficult, going from the top required removing one bolt, and one L shaped pin that requires no effort. Whole assembly then easily pops out and changing the bulb will take 5 min total.

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro