GEARS NOT "CATCHING"

2005 Saturn L300

lulugodzilla

February, 27, 2014 AT 1:12 PM

I back down the driveway in Reverse, into the cove (I'm on a little hill), shift into Drive to make a U-turn in the cove to turn around, step on the gas and you can hear the engine want to go, but the car s-l-o-w-l-y creeps forward. Uh oh! I shift into Reverse, step on the gas and you can her the engine want to go, but..., Same thing. So, I just c-r-e-e-p-e-d back into the bottom of the driveway, where my car now sits. I'm out here in cyberspace, seeking guidance. I'm a newby to this and had no clue y'all were out here, offering this assistance from this side of the monitor. Yah Google! ~ So, I'm still out here, web searching clues, not really knowing what I'm looking for, but you know what? I'm learning a heck of a lot of stuff about my car that I never needed to know.

saturntech9

February, 28, 2014 AT 1:19 PM

Did you come to a complete stop befiore going from drive to reverse?

lulugodzilla

March, 2, 2014 AT 9:09 AM

Yes, I came to a complete stop a couple of times before trying to engage the gears and stepping on the gas.

saturntech9

March, 2, 2014 AT 9:22 AM

I ment when you came down the hill backwards did you completely stop before putting it in drive?I ask because it seems like thats when the problems begun?Also any codes in the computer?Does reverse still work?

lulugodzilla

March, 2, 2014 AT 9:39 AM

Yes, I came to a complete stop before putting the car in Drive. I will try again later to see if the car acts any differently. It's sitting at the end of the driveway and we're expected to get a winter storm today. I even came to a complete stop every time I went to change gears.

saturntech9

March, 2, 2014 AT 1:57 PM

You need to check for codes and also most likely a pressure test which requires a pressure gauge and a professional scan tool that can command the pressure control solenoid to different amps.

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz