SE-R AND THE CABIN AIR SWITCH DOES NOT WORK

2005 Nissan Sentra

sbodie5715

March, 9, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

I have a 2005 nissan sentra se-r and the cabin air switch does not work it is stuck on drfrost and the knob turns but it will not switch air flow to any other setting? What is wrong and how do I fix it.

Wiring Issue?

hmac300

March, 9, 2012 AT 8:27 PM

Check to see if the air actuator is working on the heater unit. It's under the dash on the heater and have fun trying to find it as it can be anywhere. I'll send a generic pic along so you know what you are looking for.

sbodie5715

March, 11, 2012 AT 3:35 AM

Okay thanks for repling but I still have a question about the picture you sent. What part am I lookin for and how will I k is if it is working or not?

hmac300

March, 11, 2012 AT 1:33 PM

Ok here is apic of yoru unit. This may be by the gas pedal. Asyou can see in teh pic there is acable. All you need to do is to move the mode switch and watch if the cable is moving. If it isn't then the cable or switch is broken. If the cable is broken you'll need to replace it. If the cable moves then the door is broken and will have to be disassembled and repaired. I'm betting the cable is broken.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Ford Escape
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Charger
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500