HEADLIGHTS WILL NOT WORK

• rogermc68w
  • 2005 Mercury Marquis

Unless I pull back on the flash lever. Checked fuses and replaced headlight switch. Still nothing checked headlight fuse and replaced the headlight switch but still no headlights

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

• JDL

Maybe an issue with nultifunction switch/dimmer? In the diagram the gray wire is voltage for high and low beam, comes from the light module. Any applicable trouble codes?

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 9:12 PM
  • rogermc68w

The parts store said there meter would not indicate unless a warning light was on

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 10:05 PM
  • JDL

Usually that isn't correct. If you have an inactive code, it would still be there, unless the code was manually erased or a certain number of drive cycles was completed. I'd have to double check that on your year--make and model.

I gave you a diagram.

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 10:10 PM
  • M_H_RITZEL

Check headlight relay in the fuse panel under the hood. Your owners manual should tell you which one it is. When you pull back on the flasher it runs through a different relay. The headlight relay is a common item and most automotive stores have them

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 10:14 PM
  • rogermc68w

The owners manual doesn't show a headlight relay. Looked it over pretty good but could not find it. Sorry to be so much trouble but it has really got me flustered

Saturday, January 14th, 2012 AT 10:39 PM
  • M_H_RITZEL

No problem, I will check on it. There might be a diagram of the relays on the inside top of the fuse panel under the hood of the car on the drivers side

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 AT 3:22 AM
  • JDL

I looked at a marquis GS w/drl, no relay that I can find.

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 AT 4:16 PM