HEADLIGHTS WILL NOT WORK

2005 Mercury Marquis

rogermc68w

Unless I pull back on the flash lever. Checked fuses and replaced headlight switch. Still nothing checked headlight fuse and replaced the headlight switch but still no headlights

Maybe an issue with nultifunction switch/dimmer? In the diagram the gray wire is voltage for high and low beam, comes from the light module. Any applicable trouble codes?

rogermc68w

The parts store said there meter would not indicate unless a warning light was on

Usually that isn't correct. If you have an inactive code, it would still be there, unless the code was manually erased or a certain number of drive cycles was completed. I'd have to double check that on your year--make and model.

I gave you a diagram.

M_H_RITZEL

Check headlight relay in the fuse panel under the hood. Your owners manual should tell you which one it is. When you pull back on the flasher it runs through a different relay. The headlight relay is a common item and most automotive stores have them

rogermc68w

The owners manual doesn't show a headlight relay. Looked it over pretty good but could not find it. Sorry to be so much trouble but it has really got me flustered

M_H_RITZEL

January, 15, 2012 AT 3:22 AM

No problem, I will check on it. There might be a diagram of the relays on the inside top of the fuse panel under the hood of the car on the drivers side

I looked at a marquis GS w/drl, no relay that I can find.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Side Marker Bulb Replacement Mini Cooper
Reverse Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy