I GO OUT TO START CAR AND DISCOVER DEAD BATTERY

2005 Mazda 3

Anonymous

I go out to start car and discover dead battery. Igo buy new battery. Some days later I go out in mrning to start car and again a completely totally dead battery.

I believe the power locks are draining the battery because on colder nights sometimes the locks go on & off by themselves.

Would pulling the fuse out for the power locks solve the problem of battery drain?

If so, where is location of fuse box? Also which fuse is the one for the locks? (I don't have car manual).

You have parasitic drain somewhere and snce the power door locks are acting up, it is possible they are the cause of it. A test would determine that and removing the fues to disable it would prevent the problem from occurring if it is the cause.

However the fuses are not solely for the door locks and the security system would be disabled if the BTN and room fuses are unplugged. They are for the security and door lock system.

Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace