THE POWER STEERING KICKS OFF WHEN ITS RAINING

2005 Honda Accord

GasparillaKen

The power steering kicks off when its raining. We changed belts still continues to kick off, it rains a lot in Fl, need help. Thanks

saturntech9

So does the belt slip when it rains?

GasparillaKen

No I do not believe it does, the belt tensioner I was is good. The protective guard under the engine I was told is in good condition. I am about to the belt tensioner replaced, unless you had any other thoughts.

saturntech9

January, 25, 2013 AT 5:41 AM

So when it rains and you loose the power steering can you hear or see the belt slip while your turning the steering wheel?

GasparillaKen

January, 25, 2013 AT 11:20 AM

No I do not hear the belt slip at all. Never had, but had them replaced and checked again

saturntech9

If the belt doesn't slip then that's strange you only loose power steering when it rains?When the steering is inop you will have to have a power steering tester hooked up to it. That will test pump flow pressure etc. To pin point if it's the rack pump hose etc.

Power Steering Pump Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Replace Tie Rod End
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Steering Pump Replacement Mercedes Benz
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200