WHAT I NEED TO REPAIR AND PRICE OF REPAIR

2005 Ford 500

brooklinn2012

September, 6, 2012 AT 2:47 PM

I have a 2005 ford 500, while driving the stalled out on the freeway and ideled down to only about 5 miles, no matter how I passed on the gas. I was told by a ford dealer I need throttle body and sensor and the cost would be 1200. Does both parts have to be replace, and is that a bit high for the repair. I have only had this car for 5 mos, which I 6500 cash for it, I am very upset because I dont have 1200 to buy for those kind of repairs. I see there have been alot of complaint about this problem with those car. Thanks in advance

hmac300

September, 6, 2012 AT 3:25 PM

Heck with a regular repair shop that does that. You may need only one or the other or you could need both. Repairs are higher today because of computers and electronics it's not 1960 any more. It needs to be scanned for codes to see what is wrong. And the part may be dealer only so it may be a tad higher.

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes