OK I NEED HELP PLEASE! 2005 NEON SXT

2005 Dodge Neon

Anonymous

March, 22, 2013 AT 3:41 AM

Ok I need help PLEASE! 2005 neon sxt. Car randomly died today on a road trip. Started it back up check engine light came on and began to blink. Pulled over sat and it was idleling norm and temp was norm no leaks. Finally found a ford dealer which ran a test saying possibly a crankshafts position sensor. Looked it over was not the cause. He now thinks its a problem with the pcm. Any help would be great. Ty

caradiodoc

March, 22, 2013 AT 5:14 AM

Everybody points to the Engine Computer when they don't know what else to do. They really don't cause that many problems.

When the Check Engine light is flashing that means too much raw fuel is going into the exhaust system and is going to overheat the catalytic converter. Also, there will be a diagnostic fault code in the computer. Chrysler makes reading them real easy. Cycle the ignition switch three times from "off" to "run" within five seconds, leave it on, then watch the codes show up in the odometer display. Those codes will indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz