MY 2005 MAGNUM SXT 3

2005 Dodge Magnum

elizoria

November, 19, 2012 AT 3:43 PM

My 2005 Magnum sxt (3.5L) has intermittent warning lights. One looks like a lightning bolt between two reversed parentheses and the other is the bas light. First, the bas light will come on and then (while stopped at a light) the car will start erratically idling (high and low), and lurching (like its going to take off and hit the car in front of me) and shimmying/shuttering (like its going to stall), and the "lightening bolt" light will illuminate. Also, when accelerate the car seems to "buck" into the next gear. Sometimes these things go away and everything goes back to normal.

saturntech9

November, 23, 2012 AT 5:29 AM

The lighting bolt is the electronic throttle control light the first thing we need to do is get the computer scanned for codes. Then give me the exact code numbers you have not code descriptions. Let me know what you find.

elizoria

November, 23, 2012 AT 4:56 PM

Thanks!

Husband hooked it to his computer code reader and got nothing. I got 2110 with a key dance. No other codes.

saturntech9

November, 23, 2012 AT 5:22 PM

So you got a P2110 code?The diyer scan tools cant read all the computers trouble like body traction etc.

magnum57

February, 24, 2013 AT 4:38 AM

I'm having the same problem with my magnum. I used a computer scanner and got codes, P061A, P2173, C121C, C2100. Whats the Problems? Is it a simple fix or am I gonna spend more than my magnum is worth? Thanks

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars