SMELL LIKE PAINT THINNER

2005 Dodge Magnum

dellholifield

August, 12, 2012 AT 1:09 AM

I have a 2005 dodge magnum rt that has a smell like paint thinner on the outside and inside coming thru the vents. This is a recent problem.

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

So where did the paint thinner smell cone from?That wouldnt be a natural smell even if something was leaking.

dellholifield

August, 12, 2012 AT 1:21 AM

Its happened a couple of times but nothing seems to be leaking. It happens when I drive it for a while or when its really hot outside. Also its more like a nail polish smell.

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 1:42 AM

Those are not normal smells for any car so really hard to say what the smell is or where its coming. Do you keep smelling it in the same olace when parking or all different places parking?

dellholifield

August, 12, 2012 AT 1:51 AM

Its only happened three times in like a few months. But it does not smell under the hood more like its coming from underneath the car. Also it happens radomly

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 1:59 AM

If it smells like nail polish thens its not anything the car should like it has to be coming from a ouside source in the air or someone is putting it on the car.

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 2:00 AM

Or you ran something over.

dellholifield

August, 12, 2012 AT 2:04 AM

Now that I think about it could it be the breaks? One of my breaks sqeal alot and they get really hot and had an odor and the one that sqeals seems to be getting worse.

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 2:29 AM

As far as the brake noise goes I would pull the wheels and inspect them.

August, 12, 2012 AT 4:01 AM

Check the caliper piston seal -

saturntech9

August, 12, 2012 AT 5:01 AM

I would check the brakes everything but burning brakes doesnt smell like paint thinner or nail polish.

Wax Your Car the Right Way
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Wiper Blade Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser