TRANS SERVICE

2005 Citroen Xsara

johnpelletier

August, 11, 2012 AT 2:22 AM

I've had the car for about 6 months and has about 106000 km on it. I live in Sao Paulo Brazil. Recently the automatic gear fault message came on. Car went into a limp mode. Couldnt shift out of 3rd gear. When you completed the key cycle problem went away. Took to dealership for trans service. Fluid and filter change, check pan for metal ect ect. Only to have dealer say they dont do trans services only full replacements! New/ reman units come loaded with fluid. They even said that if a car is 1 litre low they can add the fluid, but not to a trans service. They said the car doesnt have a trans filter either. I find this incredibly hard to belive having worked 10 years in the business. I have a few questions that all coincide with each other. What type of fluid does the car require, how much for is needed for a drain/ fill and filter change? Is it a formed pan/ side cover gasket or RTV. And where is the fill located? This is a 2005 citroen xsara picasso with 2.0L automatic trans. Thank you for the help

John Pelletier

mhpautos

August, 11, 2012 AT 2:58 AM

We do not have these cars in our data base, but I will see what I can find out for you.

johnpelletier

August, 11, 2012 AT 1:53 PM

Thank you

Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Speed Sensor Replacement Honda