Can you help me with a P0017 code

G13FINS
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I recently changed the thermostat and temp sensor to clear codes and remove the check engine light. After putting everything back together, thr next day the car started running very rough and stalling, I check the codes and got P0017. The check engine light has not come back on. I removed the code and it ran good, but now the code is back. Still no check engine light. Could this just be the computer or do I need to start replacing solenoids and sensors,

Gerry
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 7:36 PM

First thing is did ou put the thermostat in right? That code is a coolant sensor code and it reads high temp it sets it off. Is the radiator coolant level where it should be? Is there air in the system possibly due to abad rad cap? What engine size is it a 6 or V8?See if your sensor is getting 5 volts if it is it could possibly be the sensor isn't any good.
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 AT 10:24 PM