How to remove 2005 Impala wiper arms

PARTS$MAN
  • 2005 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My wife was using the wipers when the drivers side wiper just went off the windshield to the left. When I got to her to check on it the wiper arm was very loose and you could move it in any direction with your hand. The arm seemed to be broken or a nut or bolt loose. The passenger side arm seems to be working fine. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Sunday, October 9th, 2011 AT 2:57 PM

CADIEMAN
Lift the arm up and where the arm hooks up you'll see a little clip pry it out and you can remove the arm. Then turn on the wipers on and watch the round piece. You should see it moving back and forth. If no check the wiper transmitting for being broken. Almost always the wiper arm gets striped and needs replacement.

Here are some guides to help you see what you have to do to fix it

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
-1
Sunday, October 9th, 2011 AT 3:20 PM
DRCRANKNWRENCH
The nuts that holds the wiper arm to the splines shaft go the motor has come loose. Below are the instructions on how to install it. Also there is a diagram on what it looks like if taken apart. The most important thing to remember in the instructions is to pay attention to lining everything up when you tighten it or the wiper will hit the windshield edge.
Sunday, October 9th, 2011 AT 3:26 PM