BRAKE PRESSURE MODULATOR VALVE & ABS SYSTEM

2005 Chevrolet Express

Souljah1

August, 22, 2011 AT 8:56 PM

Hi,

Is it okay to bypass the brake pressure modulator valve and only use my brakes? Basically, is the brake pressure modulator valve necessary for the brakes or is it ABS related? Thank you.

Wrenchtech

August, 22, 2011 AT 9:38 PM

It isn't necessary but once installed, the system uses different components than a system with no ABS so you can't just eliminate it. You shouldn't have to unless it has internal valve problems. If it's just an electrical problem, you will have normal brakes anyway.

Souljah1

August, 22, 2011 AT 9:55 PM

Well it's just that I was told the system was contaminated with a petroleum product so I had to change all wheel calipers, caliper hoses, master cylinder, and all rubber. The brake pressure modulator valve is the only thing that I have not changed out and was wondering if it necessary to do so or can I just bypass it. Thank you.

Wrenchtech

August, 22, 2011 AT 10:12 PM

No, you can't bypass it but you may not have a problem if you flushed the system real good after replacing the rest of the parts.

Souljah1

August, 22, 2011 AT 10:23 PM

Okay. Thank you very much because you just confirmed my first mind. Have a great day!

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement Like a Pro
Brake Shoe/Drum Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Rear