SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT

• matthew0701
  • 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

I have a 2005 chevy cobalt that has the service engine light on and across the message center it is reading reduced engine repair and the car is shaking bad and does not hardly wanna stay running. Do you have any suggestions for this problem. We have tried changing throttle bodies out checked the fuel rails and put in a new fuel filter. We also checked the spark plugs and they were fine.

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

• saturntech9

What is the exact numbers of the trouble codes you have?

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 AT 1:40 AM
  • matthew0701

The codes are P0420 and P071 it read as air performance and catalic converter. If you could help any at all or have any suggestions please do

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 AT 2:12 AM
  • matthew0701

As far as the exact codes I am not for sure but I do know that the throttle body is not opening at all

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 AT 2:14 AM
  • saturntech9

The P0420 is cat low effenicy I cant find the code P071 it has to be a letter followed by a four digit number.I really need the exact code numbers to help you here. Can you get me the exact code numbers?

Tuesday, January 3rd, 2012 AT 8:58 PM