ACCEL

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt

driftkiller101

July, 30, 2012 AT 4:41 PM

Acceleration. How can I egt a better rate of acceleration out of the car

hmac300

July, 30, 2012 AT 8:16 PM

Not alot you can do with these, they may have an electronic hookup to modify your computer, maybe headers but unless you go intot he motor not a whole lot you can do. And alot of motors they dont' make anything for them parts wise, at least performance.

driftkiller101

August, 3, 2012 AT 1:28 PM

Could I. Upgrade the pulleys on the super charger and get more boost out of it would that affect the accel or not really

hmac300

August, 3, 2012 AT 1:32 PM

Ok you really need to tell us what engine size this is. If this a ss model then it's got the supercharged 2.0L motor which has alot of opitions available for that. You can eitehr go to Jegs, Chevrolet, etc and find them or Sumit. Replacing pulleys can make it give more boost as well as slow the alternator down etc. Just look at the chevy performance book first or go to gmpartsdirect. Com and look under perfomrance for your engine. Of course this will cause 2 things. Money and lots of it as well as shortening the drivetrain life depending on what you do to it and how you drive. One thing I would seriously you consider if you haven' already is using synthetic oil and nothing else.

August, 3, 2012 AT 6:35 PM

Changing the pullies would not do anything as the supercharger compressor is designed to cut off at certain pressure.