WHILE ON THE HIGHWAY ALL OF A SUDDEN ENGINE ...

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

Anonymous

October, 20, 2012 AT 12:35 AM

While on the highway all of a sudden engine light came on and the car has started running really rough the rpms jump while idling and now the lights inside and out dim along with the engine sputtering up n down. Also the problem gets worse when in gear but goes away at higher speed/rpms. A while back my engine light came on and I scanned it getting the code p0130 found out thats the o2 sensor.

saturntech9

October, 20, 2012 AT 12:41 AM

I need the exact code numbers you have now not code descriptions?

October, 20, 2012 AT 12:47 AM

-When was the last tune-up? Scan the computer again and comeback if any code/s are present. Might want to have the charging system checked out due to the dimming of the lites could be the alternator not producing the correct output voltages-start here and let me know

dustyduanechildress

October, 22, 2012 AT 7:22 PM

I have a 2000 chevy cavalier with a 2.4L that shot the same code, does the same exact thing. I have put an idle air control valve on it and that hasn't done me any good. If you come across a fix for this let me know because I have never heard of an O2 sensor causing these problems and on mine I have checked the charging system and its good as can be.

October, 23, 2012 AT 12:47 AM

Try this clean out the EGR valve and check the fuel pressure if its within specs-

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast