REPLACING A BCM

2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

Sarah B

June, 12, 2012 AT 8:59 PM

How do you replace a BCM on a 2005 Chevy Cavalier? The radio stays on after someone opens a door (yes the car is off). Doesn't matter which door opens, the radio stays on.

saturntech9

June, 12, 2012 AT 9:15 PM

Thats the only symptom you have?If so I would see if there was a calibration file for bcm to fix that issue.

Sarah B

June, 13, 2012 AT 2:13 AM

A calibration file?

saturntech9

June, 13, 2012 AT 2:24 AM

Yes the body control module has a calibration file in it aka software. That would be a rap calibration retained accessory power where when you opened the door the radio would turn off.I would call the dealer and see if they can help you out.

Sarah B

June, 13, 2012 AT 2:32 AM

DeNooyer Chevrolet charges $105 to diagnose and Elhart GMC charges $89.95. Which is why I'm asking for help on the internet.
If I could somehow turn off the RAP I would but there is no single fuse or 'switch' to do so.

saturntech9

June, 13, 2012 AT 2:43 AM

Again that would be part of the rap contained in the calibration file in the bcm thats not a switch you can just flip. Call the dealer and ask them if there is a updated calibration file for the bcm to turn the radio off when opening the door.

BCM Replacement Needed? Here is How