2005 Cadillac CTS ECM Problem

CNASR
  • 2005 CADILLAC CTS
  • RWD
After replacing a damaged battery, I got some troubles with my car.
While driving, the fuel appears not injected properly or a spark (coil) is not working and the check engine light start blinking. This status is not permanent as some times these symptoms disappear.
The mechanic who inspected it told me that the ECM is damaged needing to be replaced.

So what I want to ask you please is there any way to check if it's a hardware problem inside the computer or a program needing to be reset and how to do it?

Appreciating your answer,

Regards & Thanks.

Chady
Friday, May 29th, 2015 AT 11:52 PM

Make sure it's the correct battery and it's in good condition including load test. Have a mechanic scan for codes and freeze frame it so he can take readings. Most resets on computers as yours has about 27 of them and they all have to talk to each other most have to be done by scanner if there are any codes. Also try cleaning throttle plate on both sides and iac hole with choke cleaner. It still may be an ecm however.
-1
Saturday, May 30th, 2015 AT 6:15 AM