TWO QUESTIONS FIRSTLY ALL MY MILEAGE IS AROUND ...

• Anonymous
  • 2005 Audi A8

Two questions; Firstly all my mileage is around town, mainly low speeds. I have bought from a dealer a lovely condition Audi A8 TDI SE Quattro. Every so often I hear from the engine compartment when driving something like a compressor or other engine running, quite loud, with some vibrations for about 30 seconds then it stops. By the time I stop to open the bonnet it has stopped. This does not happen when left running stationary. Secondly sometimes when I stop the car ` vents ` deisel smoke grey from under ther front offside underneath of the car.I can see and hear the car settling as it has the 4 stage variable suspension system, what could be the noise and why does it vent diesel? This doesn not happen every journey?

Sunday, March 24th, 2013 AT 9:00 AM

• ASEMaster6371

The noise is the air pump and it is working the way it should. Have the dealer replace it if it is that loud. Assume you have a warranty.

The smoke could be a exhaust leak. Have it checked to verify

Sunday, March 24th, 2013 AT 1:28 PM