THIS JUST STARTED YESTERDAY

• mmeyer24
  • 2004 Saturn Vue

This just started yesterday. My wife's car stalls at idle. It runs fine at all speeds, no dragging or any other indication of fuel clogs. The check engine light was on until I disconnected he battery to do some diagnostics. Last night I cleaned the air filter and when I ran it for 30-40 minutes it ran fine. After I shut the car off for 20 minutes and my wife cranked it back up, the problem returned.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 2:37 PM

• saturntech9

Which engine and transmission do you have?Also have it scanned for codes they could help lead us to the problem.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 3:47 PM
  • mmeyer24

4 cylinder - manual transmission

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 4:09 PM
  • saturntech9

Alright have you had the engine scanned or codes yet?

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 4:45 PM
  • mmeyer24

I will have to do that after work today. Can I respond after that or are there some things I can look for prior to?

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 4:59 PM
  • saturntech9

Let me know the code numbers not code descriptions? Also see if it idles better with the ac on if the ac works?

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 5:04 PM
  • mmeyer24

Interesting. With the A/C on it did not shut off on a short drive. One I came to a stop it would stay on until I turned the A/C off and then it stalled WITHOUT the A/C on. Also, the check engine soon light came back on during this short drive.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 5:17 PM
  • saturntech9

Alright get me those exact code numbers you have I want the letters and numbers.

Thursday, December 27th, 2012 AT 5:38 PM
  • mmeyer24

Unfortunately I couldn't get any codes from the scanner. The scanner kept saying no connection. The clerk told me that the harness must not be connected. I tried to figure out where the harness was supposed to be connected under the hood and could not get to the bottom of the unit to check the harnesses. It appeared they were all connected though. Is there any way to prioritize the potential parts to replace?

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 2:15 PM
  • saturntech9

With the no connection you could have a blown fuse do you have a test light or multi meter?If so see if the orange wire has power to the diagnostic connector?Also see if the power outlet or CIG fuse is blown?Are first step is getting those codes.

Friday, December 28th, 2012 AT 6:30 PM
  • mmeyer24

Have power to the harness Orange wire and no fuses blown

Saturday, December 29th, 2012 AT 8:02 PM