CLICKING NOISE WHEN BRAKING LIKE SOEMTHING IS CUAGHT IN A BICYCLE WHEEL SPOKE

2004 Saturn Vue

dtdodd

I have a 2004 Vue 6 cyclinder. The struts have been replaced within the last year. The rotors turned and pads replaced within the last 6 months. When coming to a stop braking there is a clicking like noice coming from the driver side front wheel. I thought maybe something got caught making the noise. Took off the wheel and all is clear and pads are good. Put vehicle on jacks and tried to recreate the noise while on jack stands to no avail. I am at a loss for what is causing this. It only happens when applying the brakes while driving. If you are driving without braking there is no noise.
Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

saturntech9

Those vues had a issue with brake slide pins being loose in the caliper hiusing and causing clicking while braking. Also they jssue with the lower control arms being loose causing clunking while excellerating.

dtdodd

Had a small rattle noise before doing brakes and rotors. Was told that I had to remove a relube caliper pins. Did that and the rattle went away. Could it still be the pins but instead of a rattle now getting clicking when braking? Worth the $10 investment to try it.

saturntech9

To fix the caliper pins rattling when hitting bumps the bulletin for that has you replace the caliper pins and pack them with grease.

dtdodd

Rattle not the issue now but the clicking when braking. I will try the replacement of the caliper pins and bolts with new grease to see if that works.

saturntech9

They also click when braking with the caliper pins the grease took up some of the play in the pin but not enough to stop the clicking while braking. Pretty common issue on those I replaced a lot of caliper pins on those.

dtdodd

February, 7, 2012 AT 1:31 AM

Thanks. Replaced caliper pins and with new ones and new grease. Seems to have stopped the issue. Thank you again.

saturntech9

February, 7, 2012 AT 1:47 AM

Your welcome glad it fixed the issue I have even seen those pins rattle on rough roads and hitting bumps.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pads/Rotor Replacement Chevy Silverado