Steering

STEVEN3293
  • 2004 SATURN L300

I drive a 2004 Saturn L300 sedan with a V6 and I have noticed that when I am idling and turn the wheel it thuds. When im backing up or taking off slowly and turn the wheel, it makes a groaning noise and feels like there is no power steering. How do I fix this?

Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 3:40 AM

SATURNTECH9

So does the steering pop then you turn it some more then pop etc?AS far as the hard steering and whining goes check your power steering fluid level sounds like it's low.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 3:52 AM
STEVEN3293

My fluid was checked and its full. It pops no matter what way I turn. While im in reverse turning the wheel just before putting it in drive there is no power steering

Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 6:24 AM
SATURNTECH9

To properly diagnose your no power steering you would need a power steering analyzer that would tell you if it was the pump or rack and pion that is bad.I would fix the no power steering then worry about the poping noise.

Saturday, March 5th, 2011 AT 6:45 AM