STEERING

2004 Saturn L300

steven3293

March, 5, 2011 AT 3:40 AM

I drive a 2004 Saturn L300 sedan with a V6 and I have noticed that when I am idling and turn the wheel it thuds. When im backing up or taking off slowly and turn the wheel, it makes a groaning noise and feels like there is no power steering. How do I fix this?

saturntech9

March, 5, 2011 AT 3:52 AM

So does the steering pop then you turn it some more then pop etc?AS far as the hard steering and whining goes check your power steering fluid level sounds like it's low.

steven3293

March, 5, 2011 AT 6:24 AM

My fluid was checked and its full. It pops no matter what way I turn. While im in reverse turning the wheel just before putting it in drive there is no power steering

saturntech9

March, 5, 2011 AT 6:45 AM

To properly diagnose your no power steering you would need a power steering analyzer that would tell you if it was the pump or rack and pion that is bad.I would fix the no power steering then worry about the poping noise.

Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage