I HAVE A RENAULT ESPACE 2004 2

2004 Renault Espace

Anonymous

October, 21, 2012 AT 3:26 PM

Hi

I have a Renault Espace 2004 2.2 dci 04 plate.

Ive had it since March and bought it not knowing it have a cracked manifold and was in limp mode. Anyway I repaired the manifold and instlaled a new gasket, cleaned the egr valve as that was full of crud and was stuck open.

Then the engine seemed to run really rough when ideling then nice and smooth when running 2000 revs +.

Recently it became difficult to select reverse and now it sounds like a bag of bolts when in 3rd and 4th upto about 4000 revs then the noise subsides. Runs nice and smooth in 1, 2, 5&6. Also add that sometimes it crunchs when sliiping from 2nd to 3rd. And sometime to get it into reverse you need to bring the cluch pedal upto breaking point and then slip it in to reverse.

I was thinking thrust bearing and possible clutch?

I think its also important to add that unknown to me the previous owners had not reinstalled the wheel arch plastic cover that covers the cam belt and pully's. This has meant that all the rain spray and crud being flung into t wheel well off the drivers front wheel has been able to enter the engine bay.

Any help would be appreciated.

October, 21, 2012 AT 4:57 PM

We do not have any information on your vehicle so I do not know if I am of much help.

For engine running rough at low rpms, check the valve clearances.

The clutch seems to need rplacement and the 4th gear has a problem, most probably the clutch shaft bearing is bad. This requires the transmission to be stripped to replace the bearings.

As to splash shields, It is better to have them rather than none.

bradleymedlock

Sorry I can't help you with your question!

Anyway, when your manifold cracked did it make the usual tapping noise? Also, how much it cost to replace?

Thanks in anticipation. Bradley