CODES

2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

greyeyes59

October, 3, 2012 AT 2:44 PM

Coming off the line the car will jerk into gear took it to GM they look at it from bumper to bumper can find nothing, When the car engine is warm, tranmission temp is between 198-201 and in stop and go traffic it will start, stop the car turn it off it stops. Maybe happen again in a day, weeek, month. No codes, no check engine light. Tranmission fluid flushed and changed in June 2012. I have maintained my car regular oil changes, tune up, tires, brakes, etc. I do notice that the engine temp will raise a bit but if you turn on the AC it drops. Any suggesttion or do I just need to wait to see a check engine light or hard failure? Thanks janis

October, 3, 2012 AT 3:01 PM

Check engine light will only tell you there is an issue never identifying a bad part, just a failed system.

You need a trans shop that can do pressure checks for the main line, throttle and governor pressure. You have something going on and you need to get it now before it becomes a big issue