How do you replace ur serpentnine belts on a nissan murano 2004
have the same problem?
Sunday, March 27th, 2011 AT 1:23 PM
Removal and Installation
1. Remove splash guard (driver side front wheel arch).
2. Fully loosen each belt. Remove alternator and A/C compressor belt and then power steering oil pump belt.
CAUTION: Grease is applied to idler pulley adjusting bolt. Be careful to keep grease away from belt.
1. Install each belt to pulley in the reverse order of removal.
Make sure belt is correctly engaged with the pulley groove.
Make sure that for engine oil, working fluid and engine
coolant do not adhere to belt and each pulley groove.
2. Adjust belt tension.
3. Tighten each nuts and bolts to the specified torque.
4. Make sure that tension of each belt is within the standard.
When belt is replaced with a new one, adjust it to value for New belt to accommodate for insufficient adaptability with pulley grooves. When deflection of belt being used exceeds Limit , adjust it to value for After adjustment . When checking belt deflection immediately after installation, first adjust it to the specified value. Then, after turning crankshaft two turns or more, re-adjust to the specified value to avoid variation
in deflection between pulleys.
Deflection adjustment Unit: mm (in)
Limit After adjustment
Alternator and A/C compressor belt 3.7 - 4.1 (0.15 - 0.16)
Power steering oil pump belt: 6.5 - 7.2 (0.26 - 0.28)
Applied pushing force 98 N (10 Kg, 22 lb)
Portion Belt tightening method for adjustment
Alternator and A/C compressor belt Adjusting nut on idler pulley
Power steering oil pump belt Adjusting bolt on power steering oil pump
Hope that helps, happy to provide any more information.