WHY DO I NEED TO HEAT THE GLOW PLUGS EVERY TIME I START, EVEN WHEN THE ENGINE IS WARM?

2004 Nissan Frontier

joshbz

November, 21, 2011 AT 1:28 AM

I have a adopted QD32t diesel engine in a four door Nissan frontier which use to have a 2.5 diesel engine. I always need to wait for the glow plug light from the dash to turn off for it to start quick, every time I start, even during the day when the engine is warm. Or else it would crank many times before starting.

November, 21, 2011 AT 2:48 AM

Glow plugs are a must when starting either hot or cold. The only difference is the time they are left on. That is determined by the controller. The prechambers must be certain temps for your quick start up.

kenlabe

September, 12, 2012 AT 10:25 AM

Same problem here, it takes at least 10 secs before the glow plug warning light turns off and only by this time will it start quickly. It was not like this before so I assume this is really not normal.

Ignition Coil Replacement Ford Taurus