TICKING NOISE IS COMING FROM FRONT RIGHT UNDER THE HOOD

• asusma2
  • 2004 Mercedes Benz C320

Near the headlight from a small piece that's connected near these aluminum tubes It's a small plastic square block w two wires coming out the top that plugs straight down into its place. Im not sure what it is or what its function is. However, it makes a consistent ticking sound at all times while the motor is on.

You can feel a tapping/knocking feeling when touching this piece. Can you explain to me what this part is, its function, the cause of it clicking and if this is a major or minor problem and if replacing it is costly? Also how to replace it if it is faulty. Thank you very much!

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 2:32 PM

• rasmataz

Sounds like you're talking about a relay however we don't know what it ties to-Is everything within the electrical system functional? Give us a picture on it-so we can identify-If you wish try replacing it and see what happens

Wednesday, May 9th, 2012 AT 5:34 PM
  • asusma2

This is the piece I am referring to

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 8:57 PM
  • asusma2

The two different views

Saturday, May 12th, 2012 AT 9:18 PM