IGNITION WONT TURN

2004 Kia Amanti

jchavez54

June, 28, 2012 AT 12:56 AM

About a month ago my ignition wouldent turn I replaced it and it worked for a month now it wont turn again? Soh maybe its not the ignition?

Wiring Issue?

Jacobandnickolas

June, 28, 2012 AT 1:01 AM

The tumbler and the switch are two different items. You may want to check the switch itself to make sure it isn't the problem.

jchavez54

June, 28, 2012 AT 1:14 AM

I changed the whole thing switch tumblers everything?

June, 28, 2012 AT 3:38 AM

SO YOU REPLACED THIS TOO?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Ignition-Starter-Switch-BWD-Intermotor_20972699-P_410_R%7CGRPSESWAMS_____#

IMMA JEEP KINDA GUY

I HAVE A '95 NEON THAT MAYBE 25% OF THE TIME, THE KEY WILL NOT COME OUT UNLESS I UNLOCK AND TILT THE STEERING COLUMN OR BOUNCE IT UP AND DOWN A TIME OR TWO

.....IMMA CHEAP GUY MYSELF, I SORTA ROBBED THE "NICE PEOPLE" OF THIS BEAST 8 YEARS AGO FOR $250. IT WAS IN GREAT SHAPE, HAD 60,000 MILES. THEY SELDOM DROVE IT AND THE BATTERY WOULD GO DEAD....THEY WERE CONVINCED IT WAS A LEMON W/ ELECTRICAL ISSUES. IT HAD BEEN PARKED FOR 4 YEARS

I WAS UNABLE TO CHANGE THEIR MIND, THEY HATED THE CAR! IT STILL GETS 30 MPG, HAS A GOOD A/C, IT IS OUR "SPARE CAR" (NAME IS 'LIL RED) FOR WHEN I'M MAINTAINING OUR PRIMARY DRIVERS.

OTHER THAN OIL CHANGES AND SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE........I JUST CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO SPEND ANYMORE MONEY ON THIS "MONEY PIT", I FEEL I HAVEN'T SQUEEZED MY FULL $250 INVESTMENT OUT OF IT IN EIGHT YEARS (LOL!)

....AS LONG AS I CAN STILL GET THE KEY OUT, IT WILL NOT BE ADDRESSED ANY FURTHER AT THIS TIME! I KNOW IT IS DEFINITELY RELATED TO THE SHIFTER'S SAFETY MECHANISM

NOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN INTO IT, ARE THERE LINKAGES THAT MAY PREVENT THE KEY FROM COMING OUT?...LIKE IF THE SHIFTER WAS STILL IN GEAR?

WHAT I'M GETTING AT IS THERE A ROD OR SOMETHING THAT MIGHT REQUIRE SOME WD-40 TO MAKE IT GET OUT OF THE WAY OF THE SWITCH MOVEMENT....FOR INSTANCE, A SPRING LOADED TAB THAT MAYBE THE FACTORY GREASE HAS IT SLUGGISH IN IT'S MOVEMENT

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear