MIST COMING OUT OF THE AIR VENTS

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

hometyre

July, 19, 2012 AT 7:23 AM

I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee (UK), I have mist coming out of the vents (not all the time but I have noticed it more at speed).
If I up the temp it eventually stops and it also stops on the recycle option.
Mist does not seem to be oily and I cannot detect a sweet smell.
Cannot see any water in the car but is does drip water under the car when stopped (always has so I assume this is AOK)
I also have an occasional gurgle coming from the vent which I only seem to hear at low speeds or when stationary (could be that I do not hear at speed).
Does anybody have any ideas?
Dave

Wrenchtech

July, 19, 2012 AT 10:02 AM

Check the condensation drains for the A/C. What you are seeing may be a frozen mist from water being splashed through the evaporator.

hometyre

July, 19, 2012 AT 10:05 AM

Thanks for that, is that a dash out job or something nice and simple to find?

Regards

Dave

Wrenchtech

July, 19, 2012 AT 10:13 AM

The HVAC housing has a drain tube that protrudes through the firewall that you normally will see water draining from. You can usually locate this and blow compressed air though it. You can also remove the blower motor and inspect from there.

hometyre

July, 19, 2012 AT 10:22 AM

Wrenchtech, thanks for the update, as the car does drip water already could it be that I have a partial blockage and thus the drip cannot keep up with the pool of water?

Regards

Dave

Blend Door Actuator Replacement