I HAVE A 2004 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

SaileRetsim

I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I hit my brakes the entire rear passenger side goes out. I changed my bulbs and sockets and still. Same thing. My passenger side blinkers (front and rear) don't work at all. Even the passenger side of my dashboard is dark. Recently my Jeep wouldn't start so I jumped it. Each time I started it, I had to jump it. That evening it finally cut off while it was running. I had the battery checked and it's still good. I reinstalled the battery and it started right up. From time to time I've had some difficulty locking and unlocking the doors from the driver side door controls. How likely is it that all my issues stem from the same thing? If so, what? Please advise.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

caradiodoc

If you "reinstalled" the battery, that implies you removed it for testing off the vehicle. To do that it had to be recharged first for the tests to be accurate. That's why the engine started normally when you put it back in. It's the charging system that needs to be tested. From your description, it is letting the battery run down while you're driving. You should have seen that by the "Volts" gauge dropping on the dash. Head lights would gradually become dim, the heater fan would slow down, and power windows would slow down. Computers will start to do weird things too including causing improper operation of lights. Have the charging system load-tested and repaired before searching for the causes of other problems that may not exist.