XJ WATER PUMP

2004 Jaguar XJ8

okladoug

May, 11, 2011 AT 3:55 AM

My 2004 jaguar xj with 70000 miles has started leaking at the water pump. How long should they typically last? How much should I expect to pay at a dealer to replace it? How many hours of labor should I expect to be billed? I have owned this certified preowned since 2007 with only 19000 miles. The car has been a great car and this is going to be my first repair sine my car went out of warranty.

fixitmr

May, 11, 2011 AT 4:16 AM

Are you asking because you may consider other options then taking to dealer?

okladoug

May, 11, 2011 AT 4:24 AM

They are quoting just under one thousand dollars. I dont mind paying that if that is a fair price to repair my car. I know their labor rates can be high but if you have a future problem you have Jaguar that you can contact for assistance.

fixitmr

May, 11, 2011 AT 6:30 AM

So I looked up pump, cam get gen jag part for 77 plus tax. Sure ya dont wanna try it yourself? Besides, it may just need a new o'ring or gasket? Who told you it needed a pump? The guy who's gonna pocket the grand?

fixitmr

May, 11, 2011 AT 9:40 AM

I also checked the net for reviews on that car. From what I can see, it's gonna be a money hole. Of course, you could always be the lucky 1? Might be wise to bailout now? Before any big expenditures to endear you to a religious committment?

fixitmr

May, 12, 2011 AT 6:31 AM

My area MI says 260-460 for the repair. That may not include a jag specific dealer quote though.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML