Wiring the dual batteries

ANONYMOUS
  • 2004 ISUZU NPR

How do I wire the dual batteries in my car? The batteries are missing so I have nothing to reference from. I am assuming the black with yellow strip cable is the positive and the all black is negative. I know its a twenty four volt system and the batteries need to be wired in series but not sure exactly how.

Thanks,
Shane

Monday, December 31st, 2012 AT 2:11 PM

JULIANBURKE

Who told you this is a twenty four volt system? It is not and do not attempt to hook it up as such! Batteries are in parallel (negative to negative and positive to positive) to make it a higher current system at twelve volts. Negative will go to the ground side of vehicle and the positive will go to starter and lift gate if so equipped. If the batteries are behind the drivers side mounted on the frame, facing them the negatives will be on the left (towards driver) and the positives will be on the right towards rear of truck. Batteries will have two buss bar connectors, one for the negatives and one for the positives with two battery post connectors for each one.

+11
Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 2:46 AM

Related Battery Cable Content

Recommended guides