HOW DO I WIRE THE DUAL BATTERIES IN A ISUZU NPR...

2004 Isuzu NPR

Anonymous

December, 31, 2012 AT 2:11 PM

How do I wire the dual batteries in a Isuzu NPR? The batteries are missing so I have nothing to reference from. I'm assuming the black w/ yellow strip cable is the positive and the all black is negative. I know its a 24v system and the batteries need to be wired in series but not sure exactly how.

thanks,
Shane

mhpautos

December, 31, 2012 AT 3:23 PM

Battery 1 Neg terminal to chassis, pos terminal connected to neg terminal of 2nd battery and pos of second battery to starter and other electrical feeds.

julianburke

January, 24, 2013 AT 2:46 AM

Who told you this is a 24 volt system? It is not and do not attempt to hook it up as such! Batteries are in parallel (neg to neg and pos to pos) to make it a higher current system at 12 VOLTS. NEG will go to the ground side of vehicle and the positive will go to starter and lift gate if so equipped. If the batteries are behind the drivers side mounted on the frame, facing them the negatives will be on the left (towards driver) and the positives will be on the right towards rear of truck. Batteries will have two buss bar connectors, one for the negatives and one for the positives with two battery post connectors for each one.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right