CABIN FILTER O4 SIERRA

2004 GMC C1500

lapataume

January, 1, 2011 AT 2:23 AM

I have a 2004 sierra I need to change the cabin filter I know it has one I can see it people say it dont but it does how do I get at it to remove it the system seems to be sealed

Wrenchtech

January, 1, 2011 AT 2:44 AM

This Article has been updated by bulletin #PIT3330, dated December 22, 2004.

Condition/Concern: A customer may inquire about the availability of the passenger compartment air filter.

Recommendation/Instructions: Starting in 2003 model year, the passenger compartment air filter is no longer available as a factory option. With the redesigned HVAC case, there is no longer a cavity for the filter. The GM parts catalog indicates there is a replacement filter available; however, there is no provision for it.

lapataume

January, 1, 2011 AT 3:31 AM

As you can see in the picture there is one there but how to get at it is the question I see no clips no screws nothing to get at it do I have to remove the whole HVAC duct to get it out because it stinks and when I touch it its wet

Wrenchtech

That's not a filter. That is your evaporator core and I would be very careful not to puncture or damage it or you'll have a bigger headache that you want to deal with.

lapataume

Oh ok that makes sence then I dont understand why the vents blow stink air thoe and its wet inside there thats my whole issue it smells like stale water

Wrenchtech

Evaporators are always wet from condensation. They grow bacteria after a while that causes the odor. Get one of those bug spray bottles with a spray wand and fill it with Lysol and spray it all over that evaporator and that should take care of the odor.

lapataume

Thank you very much for the help I was going nuts trying to figure this thing out ill try the lysol and hope it works I dont even use my heat because of the smell that come out

Wrenchtech

It will work as long as you have access to spray it directly on the evaporator. I've done it many times. Don't be afraid to saturate it. They sell a lot of products for this but the Lysol is the best bet.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911