LAST WEEK I WENT OUT TO START MY SUV

2004 Ford Explorer

ashleykaygorton

April, 3, 2013 AT 1:52 PM

Last week I went out to start my suv. Turned key and dummy lights came on and dinged and turned key to turn over and everything went dead. Took key out, popped hood, wiggled battery terminals, and it fired back up. Did not do it again until today, and did same procedure and it fired right up but stalled on me while driving a few feet down the road. When it stalled all my dummy lights were on, heat was still blowing, radio was still on, etc. Turned it off put it in park and it fired right back up. I pulled into my parking lot and parked and havent tried again. What is going on? I noticed my neg battery terminal is loose. And I replaced the battery the day before this started happening. Im hoping its a simple repair. Please help.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 3, 2013 AT 2:01 PM

If the battery terminal is loose, that is the problem. Clean and tighten the terminal and everything should be fine.

ashleykaygorton

April, 3, 2013 AT 2:10 PM

Thank you : )

Jacobandnickolas

April, 3, 2013 AT 2:14 PM

Glad to help.

ashleykaygorton

April, 3, 2013 AT 2:40 PM

The loose battery terminal would cause it to stall?

Jacobandnickolas

April, 3, 2013 AT 3:04 PM

It could

ashleykaygorton

April, 3, 2013 AT 3:13 PM

Ok

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Alternator testing done right