I HAVE A 2004 DODGE CARAVAN

2004 Dodge Caravan

Garry Hook

March, 19, 2011 AT 2:07 PM

I have a 2004 Dodge caravan. IThe rear right wheel doesnt turn when I drive it. It hasnt been out much lately. Wondering what you think is wrong with it and how much it will cost to repair it.

Thank you

Wiring Issue?

rivermikerat

June, 19, 2011 AT 5:56 AM

Sounds like the right rear drum is locked up. Jack it up and remove the wheel. Block the front wheels. Have someone set and release the parking brake as you try and turn the wheel and see if the cable running into the backing plate is moving inside the housing. If not, you'll need a brake adjuster to loosen the star wheel. If you can hear the brake shoes moving inside the drum, you have a roasted bearing. Not hard to replace.

rivermikerat

June, 19, 2011 AT 5:58 AM

Oh, if it's the bearing/hub, you should be able to get one from a pick and pull junkyard for a few bucks. If the brake cable is rusted with the parking brake engaged, it shouldn't cost much more than a couple hours of work getting it free and a can of WD-40.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Kia Rio
Engine Oil Change and Filter Toyota Tundra
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma