I had recently purchased a my 2004 Chrysler.

  • 200,000 MILES

I had recently purchased a my 2004 Chrysler Sebring Last year. I has been a decent running car. And I also like the body style of it. I have been thinking of make it have just a little more power. I seen where that a Pt curser motor has stock turbo 4 Cyl, 148 cid and I was wondering if I could interchange with my existing motor with any trouble. Or if their was a way to add turbo or super charger to my existing motor?

Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 11:15 PM

1 Reply

  • 28,237 POSTS

Engines designed for turbochargers have considerably lower compression. They also use different MAP sensors and Engine Computers. MAP sensors measure intake manifold vacuum. With turbos, the intake can go into pressure and the MAP sensor has to be able to measure that. You also have to figure the added heat, room for the turbo and intercooler, and added weight. There is no exhaust system made for the application so that will all be custom. Stick with what you have or buy what you want. Modifications like this always end up with a "For Sale As Is" sign in the window.

Was this
Sunday, February 24th, 2013 AT 11:56 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Related Super Charger Questions

Recommended articles