2006 Chrysler 300 radio not working

MOMKWAT
  • 2004 CHRYSLER 300

My radio and navigation screen will not light up. The music plays but cant change any channels. The cd will only play if I eject a cd and reinsert it so that it defaults to playing a cd.

Cannot change any channels or tracks. The steering wheel buttons for volume work but the one on the left side to change the radio to cd, or satellite etc does not work.

Please advise. Are there fuses related to this problem.

It just started this morning - nothing happened out of the ordinary - just started car and found out.

The next time I got in the car, it just worked. Most the time it works and I have had about two times where it was not working.

Other weird things are happening - I noticed that the security light was flashing really fast one night instead of the regular blinking.

Maybe I have some sort of electrical thing that happens once in a while.

Might want to notice if you are having other issues. My car does seem to have them.

Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 AT 2:02 PM

SALESPUKE

I'm having the same problem on my 05 300C. It's not a fuse problem, I've tried all the simple solutions. Looking forward to an answer.

+3
Wednesday, December 5th, 2012 AT 11:35 PM
BRADYBEREK

Hi! I have the EXACT problem with my radio. I do hope we find a solution. It's been happening to me daily since its gotten cold out-nearly zero here. Someone posted on another site that he suspects my nav is going out and I may need a new radio unit. I'd like to know for sure.

I also have another odd electrical issue like you, but mine us with my wipers. The intermittent is random. The blades will swipe normally, then nothing for about 5 cycles then its line it plays catchup and swipes 5-7 in a row then stops in the middle of the windshield.

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013 AT 3:47 AM
2CARPROS KEN

The system you have all described run through the BCM which sounds like is having a problem, here is a wiring diagram so you can confirm the radio not getting powered up by the BCM which will need to be replaced.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please let us know what you find out so it will help others

Best, Ken

Monday, February 27th, 2017 AT 1:41 PM
TODO
  • 1999 CHRYSLER 300

1999 Chrysler 300

The radio does not work in the 1999 300 is that something major or minor

Monday, February 27th, 2017 AT 2:13 PM (Merged)

Chrysler radios are known to go bad. If the fuse is good, remove the radio and have it tested at a stereo shop.

Let me know what you find.

MY2SONS
  • 2010 CHRYSLER 300

It won't come on

MHPAUTOS

Check for blown radio fuse in fuse block, if that is ok remove radio and check that there is power up to the unit, no power there back check through loom to known power for break or fault in plug, if power at unit plug, check for fuse on back of unit or have unit bench tested for internal faults.

MY2SONS

The radio fuse not blown and how do u take the radio out to check

MHPAUTOS

The central cover over the radio is clipped in, you can get a trim tool to pry the trim clear, go easy and don't use a screw driver as you can crack the plastic trim, with this remover the radio mounts are accessible.