WASHER PUMP NOT WORKING

2004 Chevrolet Impala

tazmancal

February, 21, 2011 AT 1:37 PM

My washer motor quit working during slusy road conditions. Replaced pump and still not working. The pump is good. Mechanic checked the electrical and there is power when tested at the connector but when the switch is pushed nothing works. Wiring and ground are good. Any suggestions as to what is causing this?

February, 21, 2011 AT 7:07 PM

Doesn't make sense.

When switch is activated, you have battery voltage at the washer connector Red wire?

Either the pump is bad or the ground circuit is not secure. One other possibility is a broken wire ( internally) and when testing the wires were in contact.

Recheck the red wire for battery voltage while tugging at the connector gently. If battery voltage is available, use a remote ground wire for the motor ground and retest.

tazmancal

February, 21, 2011 AT 9:04 PM

Thanks to(KHLow2008)for the info.I just dropped the car off at the garage with the info and hope to know for sure tomorrow. Thanks again.

February, 22, 2011 AT 1:25 PM

You're welcome.

tazmancal

February, 23, 2011 AT 1:59 PM

Problem was in BCM. Thanks

February, 23, 2011 AT 2:43 PM

Thanks for the input. It would be helpful to others.

Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.

Windshield Washer Reservoir Replacement
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Wiper Blade Replacement Porsche Carrera
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD