CAR LEAKING WATER PLEASE HELP.

• mattydaddy2
  • 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

2004 chevy cavalier 2.2 ecotech no flex fuel. I have replaced the thermostat and the water pump yet my car still loses water and my reservoir cap. Any idea where the water is going had pressure and compression check done no leaks no blown head gasket No loss of power no water in oil
.I burped system after water pump install as well.

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 12:06 PM

• mhpautos

Only two places that the coolant can go, external leak and internal leak be it sump or out the exhaust, you will have to go back and re visit these options and re test, try pressure testing hot, and checking that the pressure cap is working and holding pressure, often this is over looked during cooling system testing.

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 12:18 PM
  • mattydaddy2

I bought new cap checked both hot and cold. What would cause it to boil out that I Jist thought maybe no leak it runs hot then when its empty it runs cool

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 12:24 PM
  • mhpautos

Blocked radiator, a back flush will not be good enough to prove if you have sufficient flow, it will need to be cor ecleaned, are fans turning on?

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 12:29 PM
  • mattydaddy2

Yes on fan but seems lil delayed it used to come on around 200 now its like 265 or so. How do u cor eclean it a makes sense I bought from lkg used had mud dober nests in 2 holes I thought I got it all out

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 12:45 PM
  • mhpautos

This must be done by a radiator repair shop as the radiator tanks must be removed to do a core clean.

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 12:47 PM
  • mattydaddy2

Well crap thank you

Sunday, November 27th, 2011 AT 12:54 PM