CAR LEAKING WATER PLEASE HELP.

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

mattydaddy2

November, 27, 2011 AT 12:06 PM

2004 chevy cavalier 2.2 ecotech no flex fuel. I have replaced the thermostat and the water pump yet my car still loses water and my reservoir cap. Any idea where the water is going had pressure and compression check done no leaks no blown head gasket No loss of power no water in oil
.I burped system after water pump install as well.

mhpautos

November, 27, 2011 AT 12:18 PM

Only two places that the coolant can go, external leak and internal leak be it sump or out the exhaust, you will have to go back and re visit these options and re test, try pressure testing hot, and checking that the pressure cap is working and holding pressure, often this is over looked during cooling system testing.

mattydaddy2

November, 27, 2011 AT 12:24 PM

I bought new cap checked both hot and cold. What would cause it to boil out that I Jist thought maybe no leak it runs hot then when its empty it runs cool

mhpautos

November, 27, 2011 AT 12:29 PM

Blocked radiator, a back flush will not be good enough to prove if you have sufficient flow, it will need to be cor ecleaned, are fans turning on?

mattydaddy2

November, 27, 2011 AT 12:45 PM

Yes on fan but seems lil delayed it used to come on around 200 now its like 265 or so. How do u cor eclean it a makes sense I bought from lkg used had mud dober nests in 2 holes I thought I got it all out

mhpautos

November, 27, 2011 AT 12:47 PM

This must be done by a radiator repair shop as the radiator tanks must be removed to do a core clean.

mattydaddy2

November, 27, 2011 AT 12:54 PM

Well crap thank you

Engine Oil Change and Filter
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Escape
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Oil and Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge