TOOK MY CAR TO HAVE AN OIL CHANGE

2004 Buick Rendezvous

Anonymous

December, 30, 2012 AT 1:00 AM

Took my car to have an oil change. And I was leaking some fluid so I ask them what they thought it was. They said my under carriage was covered and my rack in pinion was leaking.I need to know more about it before I take it to some garages for them to check it out.I am a female and I know some places think we are dumb.I sure would appreciate some in put. Some people told me to try a power steering leak fluid before doing anything. Thank you, LIsa

December, 30, 2012 AT 1:03 AM

Adding a stop leak will do nothing but destroy the seals in the pump as well. Do not do this.

The bulk seals leak into the boots and then out on the bottom. Get a second opinion before commiting to this repair if it makes you feel better

Dr. Hagerty

December, 30, 2012 AT 1:19 AM

Hello Lisa, thank you for trusting us with your question. If the power steering fluid reservoir is low, that would be a strong indicator that there is a leak in the system. I strongly recommend you think twice before pouring some sort of "magic repair in a can" into the system. I recommend having the vehicle inspected by a reputable garage straightaway, and be straight with the service providers representative about your needs and concerns. We are all students of human behavior, I have what I refer to as my b*******t meter, it goes off when I perceive a lie (or sometimes even a half truth!) How can I support you in your development of the same meter? There are sites like Angie's list that can steer you away from the crooks, and they are out there, I know, I have worked for quite a few of them! Good luck and we are always here to assist as best as we can, Dr. Hagerty

Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang