HOW TO FIX TROBLE CODES P0491 & P0492

2004 Audi A6

tjennings2

December, 15, 2011 AT 6:35 PM

The codes mean secondary insufficent air flow or something like that. Help!

DrCranknWrench

December, 15, 2011 AT 11:09 PM

The codes are for the secondary air injection systems and the 491 and 492 are for banks 1 and 2. There are a few things to inspect when this code comes up. The first is to inspect the system checking for a proper seal. Check the connection pipes and hoses between the Secondary Air System, (AIR), pump motor and the combination valves for a proper seal. See FIG 162 for the pump location.
The solenoid for the system may be bad but you need a special tool to test it so if you go through all the suggestions I give you as it is something you may have to have a repair shop adress.
Then, you can check the fuse for the air system, see FIG 194 Position B, to see if it is okay. Another FIG 195, shows the position of fuse S234 which is in the number 34 position in the fuse box. I hope the included diagrams, (FIGs), help you to determine if there is anything you can do.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang