• Tiny
  • hoffgretchen
  • 2003 Volkswagen Passat
  • 135 miles

I have a 2003 vw passat I recently took it to a mechnic shop because check enggine light came on and it read p0431, so the shop took my catalytic converters and straight piped it without asking me. Now the check engine light stays on and it runs crappy, and when I did find out I called and asked for my old catalytic converters they said they sold them to the junk yard. Is there anything I can do?

Do you
have the same problem?
Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 1:25 PM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • hmac300
  • Expert
  • 44,804 posts

Ya sue them they did unauthorized repairs and made the carnot up to standards. You'll have to replace the converter to get the code fixed and make the car run right. You will NEVER pass an emissions test if you have that in your state

Was this
Sunday, September 30th, 2012 AT 2:15 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions